Thursday 6 January 2011

Im off the planet series: Post #1 by Footy guru:


Im off the planet series: Post #1 by Footy guru:

Over the next month, I will be creating a series of posts that are ideas of mine for certain soccer boots that I imagine building/ producing that I think would be a hit to consumers. These ideas are new, fresh and feature off the planet ideas. The ideas are my way of sharing my creativity along with my passion for football boots.

The story behind this series:
About a year ago I found myself in front of developers that make Nike football boots happen. The footwear product development team at Nike Football who takes ideas/sketches from marketing are in charge of building the boots you see on the elite pros and amateur players all over the world. What was I doing there? I was interviewing for an associate developer position within the soccer department which I thought/believed to be my dream job. In this interview, I broke down and reviewed various Nike boots and even came up with changes that they could make for certain boots to increase sales/profitability for each line. In fact, during this interview I presented my idea to put a carbon fiber base on the CTR to decrease the overall weight of the boot and make it more popular/profitable. It was at this point where i realized that i had a gift, and they later informed me that it was in the works. What do you know, the world cup is around the corner and the elite series is formed.


Furthermore, as the interview came to a close I was asked if I could create any boot what would I create and why?

My answer/idea for the Nike product development team:
I told the developers that I would create a hybrid boot between the CTR and the Total 90. The boot would combine the touch/comfort of the CTR with the power of the Total 90 series. With this boot I imagine a whole new technology in terms of where players using the boot would get their power and accuracy from. I would do away with the fins and plates like the current Total 90 model, which in my opinion is a dying boot that needs a revamp in terms of style and technology ASAP.

Furthermore, with this boot I would use the mold of the CTR for comfort but make the boot slip on so I could play around with different materials in order to make this boot a complete power boot, and not a market gimmick like the current T90 fins. Imagine the shape of a CTR that is sleek and is a slip on/features a hidden lace system, with a new upper/technology down the middle formed of a NEW hard rubber pattern similar to the first predator for an increase in surface area for a larger striking area that will aid in a players game to hit the target, improve accuracy/power.



In the end, I believe the combination of the two boots would compliment each other well and give Nike a new power boot.

What do you think Footy fans? Just wanted to share one of my crazy off the wall ideas. Will work on some sketches to show you more visually what the boot and concept could look like if developed.

Specs:
Name: Nike Vantage (subject to change)
Category: Power Line
Positions: forward, midfield,defender, and keeper
Upper: Kanga lite, synthetic/carbon fiber, and fly wire(instep, heel)
Outsole: lunar foam and carbon fiber
Weight: 9 oz.
Inspiration: Black Panther; sleek, strong, agile, and stealthy.
Details: Hybrid between CTR and Total 90 to form a new breed of power boot for team Nike.
Creator: Footy Guru

No comments:

Post a Comment