Monday 10 January 2011

I'm off the planet series: Post #2 by Footy guru:


I'm off the planet series: Post #2 by Footy guru:

This week I again focussed on developing a boot for Nike and with this development idea I focussed my effort on the Tiempo series. This boot would be Tiempo inspired in that it would be a classic boot in terms of look, style, comfort and most importantly price. Over the past two years like a lot of Nike boots, I believe in terms of comfort, style, and performance the Tiempo series has taken a back seat like the total 90 and vapor Series. These styles have changed color but from a consumer stand point me and the rest of the world are hungry for new styles, ideas, concepts, and technology from Nike.

My idea is to create a boot that caters to the classic/old school footballers that want the touch and feel of a k leather boot with out the sparkle and flash that most todays football boots offer. Sometimes less is more and with this idea Nike could satisfy a lot of consumers needs and steal consumers from adidas because like the rest of the companies adidas is making boots more narrow and lighter. For example, I am testing the current adiPURE IV and it seems more narrow then the last one which is cause for concern.

I feel that the mold of the current Tiempo limits footballers with wider feet. Those footballers with wider feet then turn to PUMA, Kelme, and sometimes Diadora. My idea is to create a boot called the INTERNATIONAL that is full grain k leather that has off center lacing and a similar last to that of a CTR. The asymmetrical would provide a cleaner striking surface and offer the boot a unique look unlike Nike has produced yet. It would be a clean design with either molded or bladed studs and feature no tongue to help aid in looks/style. Furthermore, i Imagine a full grain k leather boot that is black and white, has a wider footbed and is at the price point of a staggering $130. This boot would be simple; a k leather upper, wider forefoot and Nike is able to compete with the adiPURE from adidas. Sometimes less is more, and I think a k leather boot that is wider, splashed with the swoosh at a staggering $130 would fly off the shelf.


In the end, I am just using my imagination and believe a this would be popular for consumers and give Footy folks with a wider foot a chance to wear Nike. All the Nike boots are so narrow or are splashed with technology. What happened to just a normal k leather boot that the weekend warrior or the old professional could wear? Next week I will be coming up with a boot for adidas that involves a twist that I believe could be a banger!

Specs:
Name: International
Category: Classic Performance
Positions: forward, midfield
Upper: K leather
Weight: 9 oz.
Inspiration: Eric Cantona, classic boot style,look, and feel.
Creator: Footy Guru

No comments:

Post a Comment