Sunday 16 January 2011

Vapor needs a face lift...VII?

With adidas adapting to the times and making a run at the light weight boot race we would expect Nike to rise up for the challenge but it seems from the looks of the 2011 line of boots I have seen from both Nike and adidas, it seems that adidas is aggressively innovating and improving their boots while Nike is stuck thinking what haven’t we done. It is a big gamble for adidas to show their hand so soon by releasing the Prime and the adizero II so soon in 2011 but it could pay off if consumers love the new f50 as much as they did the original f50 which was the boot of the year on footy guru for 2010.

In my opinion, it is time for Nike to redesign the vapor series and look back into the past models and pick the different uppers, outsoles, and technologies that made each one so unique. In recent years, Nike has relied on there color ways to sell boots but I think it is time that they brain stormed new ideas and redesign the vapor, the consumers are ready for it!



For example, I would love for Nike to reengineer the Vapor I/II series and add current day technology. Out of the vapor series that was my favorite model and I loved the way the boot looked and felt.


Footy fans, what is your favorite vapor of all time?

No comments:

Post a Comment